Uplifting Quotes from Our Hall of Fame Empowerment Speakers
For the 20th Anniversary of the ESSENCE Festival, we're giving attendees an opportunity to unleash their power! This year, we're paying special attention to the importance of empowerement by spotlighting the best empowerment speakers to grace our stage. To get you prepared for the uplifting three-day event in New Orleans, take a look at some of their most powerful words.
Photo Credit: Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images
- @essencefest: Broadway Beauty: Ashanti at 'The Lion King' on Broadway in New York City.
- @essencefest: Red Carpet Ready: Tamron Hall at the "The Equalizer" New York premiere at AMC Lincoln Square Theater. http://t.co/xvmY10J5uH
- @essencefest: Going Green! Robin Roberts at the 2014 Social Good Summit at 92Y in New York City. http://t.co/KS8Xau2WHH
- @essencefest: Good morning Kerry! The star of "Scandal" stops by "Good Morning America" to promote the season premiere. http://t.co/Kh0nIZ6Hk8
- @essencefest: "Choose to be all of you...to not minimize your greatness so that others are comfortable in your presence!" - Lisa Nichols #Empowerment...
- @essencefest: Ready for Primetime: Viola Davis at the ABC #TGIT Premiere Event in West Hollywood. http://t.co/F2tKXWHRLC
- @essencefest: Good Guy: Idris Elba at the 2014 Social Good Summit at 92Y in New York City. http://t.co/l281La2znI
- @essencefest: King of the Carpet: Usher Raymond at 'Festa De Rei - Feast of Kings' at Little Italia in Atlanta, Georgia. http://t.co/rSuZ4CH1du