In “Why Did I Get Married?,” Perry also shares Bishop T.D. Jakes’s theory on dating, which is that partners often get 80 percent of the things they want in a relationship. They then will seek out the other 20 percent they think they are missing, only to get that small portion and often lose the 80 percent they know and love. Mike (Richard T. Jones), center, gives up his 80 percent with wife Sheila (Jill Scott), center right, and finds 20 percent with her former best friend Trina (Denise Boutte), left. Mike’s betrayal proves for Sheila that what doesn’t kill you does make you stronger. She learns to fall in love with herself and finds 100 percent happiness with Troy (Lamman Rucker).