Music of a Movement: 20 Socially Conscious Classics
In the pews, on the streets and in the halls of Washington, songs of freedom rang out loud and proud during the civil rights era. As we mark the 50th anniversary of the seminal year that changed it all — 1963 — ESSENCE.com takes a look back at the 20 socially conscious songs, from radio pop hits to folk protest tunes, that forever changed our outlook as a people.
- Love & Hip Hop's Joseline Hernandez Reveals Shocking Sex Secret
- 5 Best Morning Sex Positions, Ever!
- Morris Chestnut Reveals His Cast Crush From ‘Best Man Holiday’
- Shonda Rhimes Shares 10 Juicy Tidbits For ‘Scandal’ Season 3
- Top 5 Mistakes Women Make In Bed
- Successful Black Females: Destined to Be Single?
- Kerry Washington Sings Duet With Jordin Sparks!