Mother's Prayer Vigil 2014: Love, Life and Loss
At the 2014 ESSENCE Festival, heartbroken mothers who’d lost their sons to gun violence gathered together with their children's photos in hand for our 2nd annual prayer vigil. Here a few of the women reminisce about what they love and miss most about their late sons and daughters.
Photo Credit: Michael Rowe
- @essencefest: Celeb for a Cause: Halle Berry at God's Love We Deliver, Golden Heart Awards in New York City. http://t.co/PLVelEkLi4
- @essencefest: From the City of Brotherly Love - let's give it up for today's #EyeCandy: actor Kevin Moore. http://t.co/NgN257TYLD http://t.co/AP7eFVqxFH
- @essencefest: Class Photo: The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls 2014 graduating class in South Africa with their founder. http://t.co/SjRLrT1pU4
- @essencefest: @TammieHolland http://t.co/JfmkgbIQvP
- @essencefest: Celeb for a Cause: actor/activist Jesse Williams was captured in this touching photo during #FergusonOctober in St. Louis....
- @essencefest: Ashanti gave us chic style for her birthday at TAO in New York City. What are you celebrating this weekend? http://t.co/OXzOwfDLyE
- @essencefest: Soul Singer: Angie Stone on stage at Victoria Park in Sydney, Australia. http://t.co/OiWEXgaJ9Y
- @essencefest: Studio Time: Love this shot of Baby Winston when he joined his dad Idris Elba for a session! http://t.co/1DuJHlr0Id