Mother's Prayer Vigil 2014: Love, Life and Loss
At the 2014 ESSENCE Festival, heartbroken mothers who’d lost their sons to gun violence gathered together with their children's photos in hand for our 2nd annual prayer vigil. Here a few of the women reminisce about what they love and miss most about their late sons and daughters.
Photo Credit: Michael Rowe
- @essencefest: Mom-To-Be Street Style: Alicia Keys is seen out and about in New York City. http://t.co/wIZqBplYnk
- @essencefest: The friend in all our heads Wendy Williams hosted a benefit for The American Heart Association in NYC. http://t.co/mAlx46LL92
- @essencefest: Working It Out! #EssenceFest alum Keri Hilson at a Pretty Girls Sweat event at Andrew & Walter Young YMCA in Atlanta. http://t.co/Sr22WodFUB
- @essencefest: Andre the Actor: Andre Benjamin shares his feelings on playing Jimi Hendrix in the new biopic http://t.co/30lcwAlhqy http://t.co/n0mec1bnI0
- @essencefest: Special Guest: #EssenceFest alum Maxwell in the VIP Lounge at the 2014 Global Citizen Festival in NYC. http://t.co/DERnV5PGia
- @essencefest: International Style: Serena Williams at the China Open Player Party in Beijing. http://t.co/bcDfWoTlnE
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: To all those sisters out there who know they're "More Than a Woman" - Aaliyah. http://t.co/tkmcCpkt1m
- @essencefest: Mother and son outing: Holly Robinson-Peete and Rodney Peete Jr. at the 2014 Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Awards in Louisville....