Meet 7 Young Girls Changing the World, One Code at a Time
For the 20th Anniversary of the ESSENCE Festival, we're paying special attention to technology and its ever changing landscape. This year, ESSENCE Festival is incororporating a #YesWeCode initiative aimed at exposing the youth to computer science. We caught up with some young women from Girls Who Code and asked them them what inspired them to start coding.
Photo Credit: Girls Who Code
- @essencefest: Quiet Storm: "Smooth Operator" by the one and only Sade. http://t.co/vEkjAaDZSc
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: "Love of My Life" by Common feat. Ms. Badu. (Common's new joint drops tomorrow!) http://t.co/zabFl1ZYDG
- @essencefest: RT @solasingles: This was the best @essencefest yet! To prove it, here are my "Top Ten Essence Festival Moments." http://t.co/iomaqchh6o #E?
- @essencefest: RT @SarahDJakes: Yes! RT @hw_1star: Love embraces who you are inspires you to become better. #pg.83 #lost&found SarahDJakes
- @essencefest: RT @IyanlaVanzant: Subscribe to my YouTube channel. I'm really excited for the opportunity to be connected to all of you. https://t.co/pqL?
- @essencefest: RT @blackvoices: Don't miss @MissJillScott today on @HuffPostLive at 1:30 EST http://t.co/BogBJi14hO
- @essencefest: Chaka Khan's latest performance of "I'm Every Woman" is dope. Happy Monday, ladies! https://t.co/t8i88HBdhw
- @essencefest: RT @LeelaJames: Hit up your local radio stations and request my single "Fall For You" off my new album "Fall For You"!!! Let's go!!!!