Meet 7 Young Girls Changing the World, One Code at a Time
For the 20th Anniversary of the ESSENCE Festival, we're paying special attention to technology and its ever changing landscape. This year, ESSENCE Festival is incororporating a #YesWeCode initiative aimed at exposing the youth to computer science. We caught up with some young women from Girls Who Code and asked them them what inspired them to start coding.
Photo Credit: Girls Who Code
- @essencefest: @TammieHolland http://t.co/JfmkgbIQvP
- @essencefest: Celeb for a Cause: actor/activist Jesse Williams was captured in this touching photo during #FergusonOctober in St. Louis....
- @essencefest: Ashanti gave us chic style for her birthday at TAO in New York City. What are you celebrating this weekend? http://t.co/OXzOwfDLyE
- @essencefest: Soul Singer: Angie Stone on stage at Victoria Park in Sydney, Australia. http://t.co/OiWEXgaJ9Y
- @essencefest: Studio Time: Love this shot of Baby Winston when he joined his dad Idris Elba for a session! http://t.co/1DuJHlr0Id
- @essencefest: Be #empowered through those weighty times: "He Knows How Much We Can Bear" - Hezekiah Walker & LFCC http://t.co/pn1A9QiGRT
- @essencefest: Jump to it! Aisha Tyler at the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York Presents: "Archer" at the Paley Center for Media in NYC. http://t.co/kp9P6Hi4za
- @essencefest: #EssenceStyle: Sweater Weather! How will you keep the chill off this Fall? Be inspired with these crisp looks. http://t.co/ZQwYXmbHy9...