Brown Girl Bookshelf: 10 Books to Read to Our Daughters
In a world where Black girls are criticized for their hair, or even worse, called the C-word, it’s safe to say they need a steady stream of positive reinforcements in all aspects of their lives—including the books they're exposed to. A growing crop of books featuring young Black girls are the perfect starting points to give your young reader a self-esteem boost. Here's our list of 10 must-read books to empower and inspire our daughters.
- Love & Hip Hop's Joseline Hernandez Reveals Shocking Sex Secret
- 7 Sex Positions Men Love
- Morris Chestnut Reveals His Cast Crush From ‘Best Man Holiday’
- Shonda Rhimes Shares 10 Juicy Tidbits For ‘Scandal’ Season 3
- 10 Biggest Nude Celebrity Scandals Of 2013!
- I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It
- Kerry Washington Sings Duet With Jordin Sparks!
- 18 Celebs You Didn't Know Were Married To Each Other